MemphisAquaria.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Memphis Freshwater Flora and Fauna Society November Meeting

Reply to topic    MemphisAquaria.org Forum Index » Meetings View previous topic
View next topic
Memphis Freshwater Flora and Fauna Society November Meeting
Fortuna Wolf

Post Memphis Freshwater Flora and Fauna Society November Meeting Reply with quote
Hi everyone. I'm organizing a freshwater aquarium club in Memphis. We already have a list of over 10 people and 5 people came to our first meeting in October.

Our monthly meetings will be held on Sundays at 6pm. This month the meeting is the 9th, or this upcoming Sunday.

I would like to hold meetings at people's houses or other places where there are aquariums of course, but since no one has volunteered a place we'll hold it at a restaurant. It was suggested that we have a picnic at Shelby Farms since there are lakes that we can go collecting at. I would like to do this but the forecast for Sunday is a high of 60F with a chance of rain... and it gets dark at 6pm now. Perhaps we can take a field trip there later.

I am open to suggestions on where to meet. A place in east Memphis, around Poplar and 240 or 240 and 385 would be best since its central to most people. Let's meet at the McAllister's on 580S Mendenhall off of Poplar Avenue. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=580+S+Mendenhall+Rd,+Memphis,+TN+38117&sll=35.206355,-89.918289&sspn=0.391047,0.615234&ie=UTF8&ll=35.114854,-89.895501&spn=0.012655,0.019226&z=16&g=580+S+Mendenhall+Rd,+Memphis,+TN+38117&iwloc=addr
It has affordable food and free wifi.

I will make a sign so everyone can find us.

We'll spend most of the meeting just chatting but we'll need to discuss the website and advertising.

Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
powerkit

Post Reply with quote
has there been any discussion on another meeting? I would be interested in joining, and also not oposed to having them at my home. that is if it is not to far for anyone. okay, well i hope so!
Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:18 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    MemphisAquaria.org Forum Index » Meetings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: