MemphisAquaria.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
looking to buy "edited"

Reply to topic    MemphisAquaria.org Forum Index » Buy / Sell / Trade View previous topic
View next topic
looking to buy "edited"
logic0010

Post looking to buy "edited" Reply with quote
well any fish product you have except for plastic plants

really need
well i need some tropical mid-low light plants no floaters
drift wood
sand
50 gallon tank no stand
slate rocks

maby a better heater

Last edited by logic0010 on Thu May 25, 2006 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wed May 17, 2006 4:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
x86Daddy
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I don't have any extras of those things right now, but I can offer some sightings.

Driftwood: I've seen / bought decent pieces at SuperPetz. They have lots of tannins in them though. I may also be confusing this with bogwood... the wood I got there is the gnarled dark brown kind. Either way, the pricing and size / interesting shapes beat the snot out of PetCo's selection.

Slate Rocks: Don't know if this'll match what you're looking for, but I've bought a piece of slate tile at Home Depot or Lowes (can't recall which) and put it in between pieces of cardboard and smacked it up with a hammer... the resulting chunks made for naturalish looking decor material. Eye protection advised.

Bob's Tropicals has larger, more varied / natural looking slate pieces (and other rocks), and they also tend to carry Java Moss and Java Fern (but were out of moss a week or two ago; probably replenished by now). Both plants are very robust with whatever lighting you thow at them.
Wed May 17, 2006 11:30 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
logic0010

Post Reply with quote
thanks for the info iv looked around and havent really seen what iv been trying to find
Tue May 23, 2006 10:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
bobby welch

Post slate rocks Reply with quote
hey i seen some slate rocks on ebay BIG pieces of it in arkansas i believe iono if it was any help but ya might try there
Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:25 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SkeptikaL

Post Reply with quote
I'm about to di it myself, so I will soo post a DIT slate rock, but from what I've been told on TPF, you can go to a local Home Depot or Lowes and by sheet rock in squares. Then, put a towel around it and hit it with a hammer to make smaller pieces.

I have also seen slate at the Germantown Hollywood Petstar, but their selection kinda really sux...

But, like I said I'll post a DIY soon, full with pics and all.

Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:49 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Reply to topic    MemphisAquaria.org Forum Index » Buy / Sell / Trade All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: