MemphisAquaria.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
New to the Site....

Reply to topic    MemphisAquaria.org Forum Index » General Questions View previous topic
View next topic
New to the Site....
Peanut_Power™

Post New to the Site.... Reply with quote
IF we're gonna be able to get this site going smoothly, you'll have to add more forums...like specific fish, FW...SW....right now its pretty void of fish related things. I'm a member of another forum, which I won't post here as I don't want to annoy any one by stealin members, HOWEVER, with your permission i would like to post THIS address on THAT website and see if we can get any more members from around this area. I would love to be in a fish club, as I feel kinda alone out here in Mississippi. I've been keepin fish for over 16 years, did salt for 5, been fresh the rest of the time. Not sure how the majority of the people on here are orientated in keepin fish, but I'm quite knowledgeable in FW fish...especially SA/CA cichlids...Wink. Anywho! Great site!
Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:20 pm View user's profile Send private message
x86Daddy
Site Admin

Post Re: New to the Site.... Reply with quote
Peanut_Power™ wrote:
IF we're gonna be able to get this site going smoothly, you'll have to add more forums...like specific fish, FW...SW....right now its pretty void of fish related things.

Here was my thought process behind that: There's a lot of great sites on the 'net for specific topics. If I'm into maximizing plant growth, I go to plantedtank.net and there's a huge number of people all over the world sharing their knowledge. If I want any type of discussion of puffers, I go to thepufferforum.com, but if I have a specific question about my dwarf puffers, I go to dwarfpuffers.com... Again, already established, huge gatherings of people with specific knowledge. I think our Link section would be a good thing to populate with "the best" destinations for the various types of information like that, whereas this site could fill the very real gap of local-area discussions.

All that aside, what do the rest of you on here think?

Peanut_Power™ wrote:
with your permission i would like to post THIS address on THAT website and see if we can get any more members from around this area.

Please do, especially if they have a sub-forum for Aquarium Societies or local area concerns. I've done this on a few of the huge boards I mentioned earlier, posting in their TN, south-east, etc.. threads about the launch of this site.
Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:37 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply to topic    MemphisAquaria.org Forum Index » General Questions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: