MemphisAquaria.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Hello!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    MemphisAquaria.org Forum Index » General Questions View previous topic
View next topic
Hello!
donh

Post Reply with quote
Wetthumbs wrote:
See! I KNEW you were making room for a big boy. 80 Gallon....NICE!
I hope to have my 60 set up within a month.....MUCH more gear to go first.

This was totally unexpected. It will be a while setting it up. I don't have a filter for it. I want to do it right and get a nice canister. So it will be whenever I have $150-$200 lying around. My Dad has a pipe bender so he's going to help me make a conduit light hanger that will be attached to the stand. Need to paint the stand and the conduit when I get it. The tank needs some pretty serious cleaning. NOT looking forward to that.

The angelfish fry are all swimming and eating! Looks like I'm going to mess around and raise these things.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:59 am View user's profile Send private message
Wetthumbs

Post Reply with quote
What great fun!

Can't wait to see 'em
Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:33 am View user's profile Send private message
Wetthumbs

Post Reply with quote
Found some awesome driftwood this morning, but it would take the two of us with chest waders on and a chain saw to get it!.......Beavers are marvelous creatures...lol
Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:57 am View user's profile Send private message
Wetthumbs

Post Reply with quote
I checked out Mem Fish on Friday. Nice store....excellent looking freshwater tanks with very healthy plants and fish, too bad they only have about 20 tanks though. I loved the big Discuss display tank.
Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:29 am View user's profile Send private message
donh

Post Reply with quote
Wetthumbs wrote:
I checked out Mem Fish on Friday. Nice store....excellent looking freshwater tanks with very healthy plants and fish, too bad they only have about 20 tanks though. I loved the big Discuss display tank.

Discus tank is really nice. Wish the FW to SW ratio was opposite. I was told Something Fishy on Whitten Road is going out of business and has everything 75% off.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:31 am View user's profile Send private message
donh

Post Reply with quote
Wetthumbs wrote:
Found some awesome driftwood this morning, but it would take the two of us with chest waders on and a chain saw to get it!.......Beavers are marvelous creatures...lol

Where was it? I was going to go down to the Mississippi this weekend and never got around to it. I want something with a WOW factor for the 80G.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:32 am View user's profile Send private message
donh

Post Reply with quote
Have you ever looked at Truaqua for aquarium stuff? Their prices are insane. Looks like they have really high ratings from buyers and really good customer service.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:35 am View user's profile Send private message
Wetthumbs

Post Reply with quote
Both the pieces I am thinking of have "WoW" factor. Park at the little parking lot at WC Johnson park at the west end nearest Wolf River Blvd/Shelton intersection. Take the paved trail back past the ponds and into the woods. The path will change over to gravel. The first lake you come to once you have entered the trees has a beaver damn (fresh signs) and all of the wood is close to the nearest bank. There is a rooted portion sticking up out of the water and a hollowed log sticking up at a right angle. Both pieces are big, and like I said would require some effort (but, hey they are already waterlogged!). Give me a shout if you want to try to get either of them out, maybe I can get us some help. I think the hollowed one would be perfect for your big tank. Picture placed cut side down (the part that is in the water) with hollow portion facing front of tank laying at an angle from left to right. Depends on how wide (deep) your new tank is. Might fit....might be a little big, but lots of other wood to chose from. There is alway a looooonnnnngggggg beaver damn across most of the lake near the far side that I'm sure MUST have some good pieces in it. They got to be shorter pieces (the park has put screens up around some of the smaller trees to keep the beaver off).
Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:52 pm View user's profile Send private message
donh

Post Reply with quote
I know exactly where you are talking about. I saw that lake last weekend. I didn't walk down to the area where the wood was though. I may run over there either tonight or tommorow night to check it out. It may be too dark at 5:00 now. I may have go on the weekend.

I'm really hoping to find something with a lot of branches or roots.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    MemphisAquaria.org Forum Index » General Questions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: