MemphisAquaria.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Tank stands that will please the wife

Reply to topic    MemphisAquaria.org Forum Index » General Questions View previous topic
View next topic
Tank stands that will please the wife
EcoGeek

Post Tank stands that will please the wife Reply with quote
My wife is a good sport about my hobby, but since day one with my 75gal, she has hated the stand. I would like very much to find a tank stand that is furniture quality, but can still house my filtration unit under the tank as well as all the other various "stuff" we need. Does anyone have any recommendations, either local stores or online outfits that I might check? I've Googled until I'm blue in the face, but I haven't found anything suitable yet. Thanks for your suggestions!
Tue May 29, 2007 4:33 am View user's profile Send private message
x86Daddy
Site Admin

Post Re: Tank stands that will please the wife Reply with quote
EcoGeek wrote:
My wife is a good sport about my hobby, but since day one with my 75gal, she has hated the stand. I would like very much to find a tank stand that is furniture quality, but can still house my filtration unit under the tank as well as all the other various "stuff" we need. Does anyone have any recommendations, either local stores or online outfits that I might check? I've Googled until I'm blue in the face, but I haven't found anything suitable yet. Thanks for your suggestions!

When I visited Something Fishy, they had a whole separate room full of furniture-like tank and stand set-ups. They're the one on Whitten... check the LFS map for details. PetSmart also tends to have better selection than the other chain stores. Hope that helps!
Tue May 29, 2007 3:58 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
grannybj

Post Reply with quote
check out Drsfosterandsmith.com , when I needed a stand for my 75 , I went to Something Fisy and found a Sedona stand that I really liked and he quoted me a price of 829.00..way out of my budget. I went online and found the exact same stand and hood at fosters and smith and it was only 399.00 with a 14.00 shipping. I ordered it and it was here in 4 days. I ordered the stand and a 5 gallon bucket of salt and it was all shipped for 14.00 . This is a beautiful stand with drawers and comes in light oak and dark cherry . Hope this helps.
Wed May 30, 2007 12:57 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
EcoGeek

Post Thank you Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies! I work not far from Something Fishy, so I'll check them out, but I have to say I have been impressed with what I found on Dr. Foster and Smith's website. Of course, it really doesn't matter if I'm impressed with it. javascript:emoticon('Smile')
Smile

Thanks again for the help!
Wed May 30, 2007 2:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    MemphisAquaria.org Forum Index » General Questions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: